Team Kiwi

The official blog of the New Zealand Olympic Knitting team.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Fancy seeing you guys here!

Hey guys, I just wanted you all to know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth! I caught a bit of a bug last week, and it's pretty much drained all of my energy, plus I've had to make a 36" star baby blankie (pattern here - I made it in dark pink and purple) and a ridiculous number of other commitments to work and to my volunteering...

I'll try and make a proper post tonight, but I'm not making any promises :) I start my Master's today [insert cheering and wild applause here] and my supervisor is wanting to start in first thing this morning [1hr 25min and counting...]. So, after a day of designing experiments and computer programming, I may or may not have time to update.

I'm really trying not to winge, but I've barely been able to stay up past 9pm this past week... Wish me luck, I need a little bit of cheering on at the moment, I'm half way through my shawl, and I just have to keep plodding on as much as I can.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Hope you feel better soon - that sucks, evil bug! You'll get there, hon, don't push yourself too hard: just do a little each day :) That afghan is really cute - not too keen on the USA colourway, but yours sounds nice.

I can't believe your supervisor wants you to start already - the semester hasn't even begun yet!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Well, I'm doing my masters by thesis only, so I have 12 months from whenever I start. This way I'll be finished (hopefully) to start something new in the next academic year.

Plus, I even started writing it today ;) as I'm including some research I did under contract last year. So I've already put in at least a weeks work!

I'm feeling really enthused and energised, so I'm going to go get my shawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home