Team Kiwi

The official blog of the New Zealand Olympic Knitting team.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Me!

I'm Sarah, and I will be making Orangina. I'm not sure how much of a challenge it will be, really. I haven't made much since I started knitting Continental, but I know that has sped me up a bit. The horrid metal needles I am using for Orangina will unfortunately slow me down a bit too.

I will be using a beautiful kelly green soft-as-soft baby cotton. So far I have done a little bit of training - just a swatch, which came out ok!

Right now I'm starting on a couple of in-between projects to fill the time. But really, it's all about the Olympics, baby.

Next task: see if I can get my tv tuned in so I can actually watch the Olympics while I knit! I think the aerial on the roof is stuffed.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 am, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Orangina's a very pretty shape and it should look really good in green. From my (admittedly not vast) experience, metal circulars aren't as bad as metal straight needles for weight, comfort etc, but since you're used to Denises (the Rolls Royce of needles ;) you might find differently.

What time will the Olympics be on over here?

 
At 9:07 am, Blogger Eatsruns said...

There's a 12-hour time difference between Torino and here, so the Olympics will be starting at 8 on Saturday morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home