Team Kiwi

The official blog of the New Zealand Olympic Knitting team.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hello, I'm glad to be here!

Thank you Sarah, for the invitation, and I have passed the word along to my knitting buddy, so she may turn up soon too.

She say's she's going to do a scarf, as am I. I have some wonderful soft plummy purply winey red umm... yes, that colour, acrylic (eeek, I know, but there's a reason) to make a scarf for work. It needs to be dark enough to wear for a week, and to be able to be washed and quickly dried each weekend, both of which this will be able to do.

My planned pattern is for the Liesel Lace Scarf from Yummyarns: http://yummyyarn.indus3ous.com/patterns/MJG_Liesel.pdf

I know this isn't a big challenge, but I'm not a very fast knitter, and I work fulltime plus travelling time etc, so I figure if I finish early, I'll just enter another event, right?

1 Comments:

At 4:13 pm, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Hi Donna! I think that lace pattern is going to look stunning in a wine red.

Hey, it's always within the realms of possibility that I might finish early as well, but at the moment just completing a simple pair of socks looks like a plenty big challenge to my feeble knitting abilities :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home