Team Kiwi

The official blog of the New Zealand Olympic Knitting team.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much, expect me back on board by tomorrow night though.

I'm slightly worried because I've only knit about an inch on a hat that has to be done by Saturday night, which means I have to finish it tomorrow so I can get it out of the way before the Olympics! I'm also a little worried the hat will be too small and I'll figure this out after about 5 inches or so... so I might get a bit of a late start on Saturday, but I hope not! I wish I could take my knitting into arbitration with me!

How scheduled are people getting about their knitting? I haven't made a schedule yet but I think I'll try to get the first side done in a week, fingers crossed.

We've added some new members, with more on the way, so welcome if you've just joined! Please post and say something about yourself and what you're knitting. Also encourage all of your friends to join! I'd love to see some first-time knitters making it their Olympic goal to learn to knit, even if it's just a dishcloth.

5 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

I haven't scheduled anything regularly, but considering I generally manage to get in at least 4hrs knitting/crochet a day anyway I think I'll get on okay timewise. It took me surprisingly little time to finish the swatch because the pattern is really straight-forward, and I expect the most difficult part with my challenge will be managing to follow the pattern and learning how to shape.

 
At 3:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please sign me up for Team Kiwi.
Thanks

Julie
www.chezknit.bravejournal.com
jay_m_zee@hotmail.com

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Hi Julie, I sent you an invite - welcome aboard :)

 
At 7:43 am, Blogger Norskybear said...

Hey all! I would love to Join Team Kiwi! I'm not a New Zealander, but I did get a tattoo of a silver fern on my forearm when I was in Christchurch! And I have climber to the top of Mount Rangitoto...

 
At 7:55 am, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

awww, you just love us for our great buttons, dontcha ;) I've sent you through an invite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home