Team Kiwi

The official blog of the New Zealand Olympic Knitting team.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Day Five

Now, to the untrained eye it may look as though I made very little progress yesterday, but I actually did quite a lot of knitting. Didn't get as much done as I'd have liked at SnB, as I was too busy eating chips and talking! Halfway through I noticed that at the base of the heel there was a large hole, I don't think I'd dropped stitch but it looked as if I might have stretched it too much or missed a pickup or something. I was told by the others not to worry about it, that I could stitch it up later, but it was really bugging me - I want to knit these socks properly, and I knew I must have done something wrong back at the beginning. So I ended up ripping nearly all the heel out *sob* But it was worth it - second time around, and it looks so much better. And I'm just glad it wasn't a hole in the toe at this point ;) I've just started the first row of the leg so now it's just pattern ad nauseum until the cuff!

1 Comments:

At 11:35 am, Blogger Beverley said...

Looking good! You will be glad later that you frogged back. Nothing like "knowing" there was something you could fix and you didn't. Once followed someone up the street and could see a mistake half way up the back of their jersey!!

Looking forward to some serious knitting tonight. NO grand-kids to run about tonight. Tuesday, Wednesday do the kindy, school and afterschool care bit as my DS works two days!! Free until Sunday yipee!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home