Team Kiwi

The official blog of the New Zealand Olympic Knitting team.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

End of play, day one

Well, after my initial false start (where I misread Yarn Harlot's instructions and thought I'd cast on too early, so ripped out two hours' work - that's what happens when you don't get enough sleep the night before!) things came along nicely - I realised when I was redoing the toe that I'd only done 7 rows instead of 8 first time around, so I was pleased to pick that up. This is a shot of the completed toe just after the ceremony had finished.



Had to rip out a couple of times during the evening because a) I'd done one too many increase rows and had too many stitches, I forgot to count them before I started on the foot, and b) wasn't paying attention and did an extra row of knit between rib rows, only realising when the next section of knit looked smaller, d'oh! So I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. Still, I'm going to do an hour or so now, and I'll get about 4 hours done tonight, so hopefully should get the foot finished today. Next weekend I have two Bookcrossing events to go to on Friday and Saturday nights, so I want to get as much done this week as I can.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 am, Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Excellent! Have you got pics of your progress so far?

I know, I hate ripping too, esp. with such tiny needles and soft yarn, I always seem to split the recovered stitches. Ripping crochet is a doddle in comparison!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home